Friday, August 22, 2014

Spare time

One of the things that I do in my down time is organize outings for moms in our neighbourhood. The desire to do this started when I was hired as a nanny to work for Modern Mama events. I love the idea of getting moms out together but I do not see myself offering such gatherings as a business. I see it is a nurturing thing to do. For free. For social gain. As a way to help us find our village

Over the past 2 years we have grown to a group 153 neighbour moms. We don't all get together every time. The largest play time was a group of 19 kids and their moms. Casual. Lattes. A field of free play. Perfection.

Today I was fortunate to meet 3 new neighbours. To have real, not for profit conversations.

Funny thing is, I am mostly an introvert.

I am trying hard to keep the tot's childhood filled with free-fun. This gets more challenging every year. I've opted for one for-pay class in the fall as I am not skilled at all things and I think having a pro teach us how to dance will be immeasurably better than me sharing my wealth of dance moves.







No comments:

Post a Comment